Padel Tennis Courts Constructions
You or your club board are enthusiastic about padel and have decided to tackle the padel project and build one or more padel courts – probably with you as project manager! You are already faced with a huge mountain of research, different information and technical details. All of this can be pretty intimidating. But as is so often the case in life, everything is not eaten as hot as it is cooked. Here we will tell you the ultimate step-by-step guide on padel tennis court construction with which you can realize your padel court:
- Find a suitable area for the padel court
What sounds so simple is actually so simple at the end of the day: A padel court has the dimensions 10 m × 20 m × 4 m. You should also plan for a playing height of approx. 8 m. If this is the case, you have found a suitable area for your future padel court. Of course there are circumstances that make the area more suitable or make things more difficult, e.g.:
- How level is the surface?
- Proximity to parking lot or street.
- trees and plants.
- underground texture.
- Surrounding nature reserve.
- resident situation
- Define your goal and your target group
A padel court can serve a club for various purposes such as: e.g.:
- additional income.
- membership acquisition.
- Enhancement of image and attractiveness.
- Development of new target groups.
What we as Reform Spor want to say: You should be clear in advance about what you or your club want to achieve with the padel court. This then automatically determines many other factors, such as e.g.:
- Number of padel courts.
- Future padel offer.
- pricing structures.
- Calculate the padel project
The answer of the question “How much does it cost to make a Padel tennis court?” is subject to a very banal economic triad: how much do I have to get from whom and at what frequency so that the Padel Court pays off (with regard to my goals!). Nevertheless, you cannot avoid creating a solid business plan. Among other things, you should answer the following questions:
- How many members or players do I expect per year?
- How often do you expect them to play each week?
- What utilization do I achieve with it (hours per court per day)?
- What price do I calculate with or what value do I have to have at the end of the year?
- To what extent can I develop sponsorship potential?
- What are the main costs?
- What additional costs are there?
- What additional offers can I create?
One of the main costs is of course the padel court. You can find the possible padel court models on Reform Spor which is one of the most experienced padel court manufacturers.
Another point that urgently needs to be included in the calculation:
- Submit a grant application to the city
87.5% subsidy from public funds is realistic. Even with “only” a theoretical 30% of public subsidies, your club will generate surpluses from the very first year.
- Build the Padel Court
Once the plan is in place, implementation follows. Then everything happens very quickly: the trucks bring the seats. The construction crew rushes in and about two weeks later the padel courts are up. Danger! Important details:
- As a rule, the padel court buyer rents the equipment and then bills the court builder for it.
- Make sure that you have/create a suitable driveway for the trucks.
- Try to build the pitches at a time when ground frost is not a possible risk
- Several men set up a padel court with the help of heavy equipment at the Rheinenergie Stadium in Cologne
- Professionals setting up a padel court
- Activate the Padel Court
The existence of a padel court does not fill the hut for you. Many people can set up a padel court. But the art is then to ensure that this is also well utilized. This determines how successful your padel project will be. Get trained to operate a padel facility, get well-founded and authentic knowledge that you can pass on to the others. Three things are essential:
- Create suitable activation programs (e.g. taster campaigns, workshops, camps, etc.) to get people onto the padel courts, preferably in groups.
- Have someone train as a padel trainer. People will quickly know more about padel and want to improve. This also creates attractive special income.
- Install a contact person for everything to do with padel and have him/her trained as a site manager.